Monday, August 30, 2010

The Old Garden Gate - Mixed media stitch design

This weekend I had a chance to finish up this mixed media stitched project entitled "The Old Garden Gate"
It is made up of many layers of hand stitched fibers as well as antique and vintage linens that have all been hand dyed and distressed. Rusted metal objects, tattered pearls, drift wood, and an old photo are combined in this piece. 
I think this piece was influenced by my childhood. "The Secret Garden" was one of my favorite stories when I was little, that garden all overgrown and forgotten always seemed like such a magical place to me. 

Hope your day is wonderful and you find a little nostalgic magic in it.

12 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

That is just amazing and gorgeous !
Wow !!

xoxo
Lori

In the Light of the Moon said...

Stunning!Warmest Regards,Cat

Robin said...

Ok, I'm picking my jaw up off the floor after seeing this beautiful creation!! So much texture and detail.....simply amazing work!!

Auntie Cake said...

Oh Thespa~
Beautiful! And I wish we had adjoining yards, we could build our own "Secret Garden" where they meet! I too love that book!
Have a very wonderful week!

Kate

Viola said...

Absolutely gorgeous piece! So wonderful!! :-)

Netty said...

Thespa this is soooooooo gorgeous. Annette x

Charlene said...

LOVE it! I would love to learn to do flowers like those in this piece. I soooooooo wish there was a good tutorial out there for them. You did an amazing job. LOVE the mix of texture & the colors you used. Charlene

Jan Hennings said...

OH! This is a beauty and I love everything about it! So glad to find your blog :)

Gaby Bee said...

This is so beautifully made that it really does make you want to reach out and touch it! STUNNING in every way, Thespa!

Anonymous said...

No one creates with metal like you do! This is amazing!
Hugs, Diane

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

It's awesome and I just love it, Thespa!!!
Hugs,
Julia

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh this is awesome!!! Love your work! Marva

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!