Monday, December 12, 2011

Pretty Soldered Ornaments & Brag Monday...

So after much too much time has passed I've finally finished 2 count them 2 whole soldered ornaments, lol. I had plans to make lots of these and put them up in my shop. They took much longer to make than I had anticipated due to all the details but I really had fun with them and they turned out so cute!
I have listed these two ornaments in my new online store...
as well as several necklaces. I will be listing more items as I get them made.

 For these ornaments I used vintage images from The Graphics Fairy
The background image and the image on the back side of the ornament are both from the Graphics Fairy as well as the ribbon "The Christmas Tree" from the top of a music sheet.

I bleached the bottle brush trees, added glass glitter so they shimmer and shine, as well as some old glass pearl beads. The star is cut from an antique dictionary and a 1920's rhinestone is placed in the center. I created the scene inside a 2x3 inch box and 2 mercury glass beads, an old glass pearl and lots of glass glitter shake and roll around inside. Two pieces of glass are soldered to the front and back. Antique sheet music is collaged to the sides and back and each ornament is signed and dated inconspicuously.

 I'll be sharing these on Brag Monday at the Graphics Fairy and I hope you will go and join in the fun.
I've got some pretty things to show you tomorrow some come back and see me.
Happy Holidays to you all. Hugs!


7 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

These are gorgeous, Thespa! I jsut LOVE them.
Have a wonderful Christmas time!
Hugs,
Julia

PeggyR said...

Those are lovely!

WhyCuzICan said...

Very pretty and aside from the pretty graphics, I really love your dangling keys for your wallpaper.


Visiting from BRAG MONDAY at Graphicsfairy :D

From Chilly NW Illinois,
Suzanne at WhyCuzICan

Okio B Designs said...

Stunning! I can't believe all of the little details - they are perfect! Coming over from Brag Monday and your newest follower. =)

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Exquisite! (via Graphics Fairy)

Stacey Stuwe said...

Those are wonderful, i imagine they will be good sellers!!

Lynn Stevens said...

sO darlinG. i MAY JUST HAVE TO MAKE ONE FOR MYSELF! yOUR SO INSPIRING !
hAPPY hOLIDAYS!
HUGS lYNN

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!