Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Crazy Busy!!!! New Art...

It's a whirlwind around here right now. 
With the Create Art Retreat in only 2 weeks! And an Ice Resin Design team application deadline the 15th, as well as some magazine deadlines, I'm  so busy I don't even know where to start. 

I thought I would share some art I got done this weekend...
 A mixed media assemblage piece. I used Ice Resin over a collage of antique ledger papers, antique photo, and ephemera inside a found rusty metal ring used as a bezel. I also used an old water key as a bezel for the leaves of the flower. I collaged and painted the inside of an antique candy tin that I removed the cover from.




 My next piece was some collage and paint work with a heart design. I used a glass heart shaped bead as a bezel and filled it with Ice Resin. The background of the heart was some antique German text that is so pretty. I love how you can see some of the blue color through the text in the heart when the light shines down. I really love that about Ice Resin.



And I got the chains and beading done on some of my soldered pendants.



I was also working on some displays for my vendor booth at Create. My friend Lydia came over and helped me bag little bits and pieces and art parts for mixed media. I was working on clipping them to the display to see how I wanted to do it.  Thanks Lydia for all your help! Hugs!
 Lydia and I got lots of collage packs tied up for class kits and for the vendor fair...
 I even went through my button stash and made up some button cards...
It's a lot of work but so worth it. Can't wait to see everyone at Create!
I hope you are all having a great week!

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Sounds like you are one busy girl Thespa! I love it all so much!!! And I'm so very happy for you...so much goodness ~ thank you always for sharing your wonderful creative spirit! hugs and love, Dawn

Auntie Cake said...

Oh my word. Just dying that I can't be there. For some reason, I thought it was this weekend. Dang. You are so close, and I feel as if I am missing out on so much fun and a chance to be in your "creative goodness" for a weekend.

Journal Swag said...

Oh m y gosh, your work is gorgeous! i'm so glad I found you!

Sheila in Oregon

Katalina Jewelry said...

Hi!

I just wanted to thank you for vising my blog and for commenting about the binoculars I found at a thrift store. I'll try to remember to check them out for value before I strip them for jewelry parts! :)

Your blog is amazing! You do beautiful work! I noticed that you were putting in an application for the ICE Resin design team. I'm a member of the current (I guess I should start saying past) team. I have no idea who made it but I know they will be announcing the new team soon and I just wanted to wish you good luck! I think your work would be perfect for them!

I'm glad I found your blog and plan to visit often!

Kathy

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!