Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Just Felt Like Walking...

Just trying something new. I was playing with a homemade recipe for paper clay last weekend and made up this little bird guy. (he met with an accident right before I took his pic, he fell off the stump and broke both his legs :( sad face)
 He's just a goofy little wire and clay sculpture I made while working through some ideas, breaking out of my box. Using new mediums and brighter colors.
He's called "I Just Felt Like Walking" cause he's a rumpled old bird tired of the same old scenery, so he decided it was time for something new, just like I was when I started to make him. :)




 In the beginning...

 Legs
 body
 wings
 face and feathers

 rumpled top hat

 And a pair of shoes


7 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Wow, that is a just way too cute! Love his name, very appropriate! Love the colors you used! You are so talented!

Your Craft Book said...

Poor little fellow with broken legs but adorable still. He needs a good home where he will be loved, gimpy legs and all, bless him, Maureen

Sara said...

He is adorable. I wish he could come and live with me. hugs Sara

Sandy said...

I love him! He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he makes me feel happy! I am very sorry he thumped off the stump and broke both legs, maybe he can be mended. Great way to break out of the box!

fairyrocks said...

How inventive you are!!
Love your little bird
Keep smiling and creating

Unknown said...

Love the bird, very creative and pretty. From Engagement Rings

Olga Siedlecka said...

He has just been taken from Wonderland, so lovely!

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!