Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Rabbit Knew But He Wasn't Saying...

 I finally got in the groove last night. It was a pretty good day and when I got home last night my contributor copy of Sew Somerset was in the mail. There was something about seeing my art on the cover that got me in a creating kind of mood, LOL (I don't know why that would be?)
Anyway, I made this mixed media piece titled "The rabbit knew but he wasn't saying"

 It started with an old book cover, then some collage and paint for color. I then added a texture piece that I made for my corn starch paint texture video and layered that in as well. I think it looks nice as the "house".
 
 The title is still a work in progress. I wrote it on an old piece of music but I think it needs a little something extra. Thinking about using Ice Resin on it. I really think that will work. I'll let you know how it goes.
 And the finished (almost) piece. So loved the little copper rabbit chocolate mold I found at the flea market last year. I just knew I would find him the right home eventually. ;-)


5 comments:

Jingle said...

This is such a beautiful piece!

Netty said...

Congratulations on making the front page Thespa. Loving your latest creation. Annette x

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhhhh, Thespa!!!! What a beautiful piece!!! And, HUGE congratulatory 'hugs' on making the cover of Sew Somerset!!! Way to go!!! I'm doing a little happy dance for your success!!! Happy Weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Thespa, you always find the neatest metal things to add to your creations. I like the title of this piece too!
Hugs, Diane

Lynn Stevens said...

A BIG CONGRATS!!!!! How wonderful to make the cover!!and your Rabbit collage is Fabulous, no wonder your published your art ROCKS!!!
Hugs Lynn

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!