Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Junking the Weekend Away!



I was thrilled to go with my family to visit with my mother-in-law this past weekend. She is a quilter and crafty person and I love going to see what she is working on. We went up and stayed the night and were there all day Sat. She lives on a farm that is over 100 years in the same family. There is an old barn there that is full of boxes and bags of old junk from the 1960's and before. Most of the things in there are deteriorated beyond use but that's the fun of it. There are bits and bobbles and rusty things everywhere. Here are some of my finds for mixed media artwork...

1. Lots of rusty bits, hinges, parts, clock hands, old cheese graters, some old cake decorator tips (which will become hats for my snowmen altered bottles "see previous post") And the things I got really excited about were the vintage cake sprinkles jars with perforated lids - they will be perfect for storing glitter! Yeah!

 
2. This was a favorite find! An old wooden post card from Enchanted Forrest MN? I adore that castle image!


3. An antique glass baby bottle, an old crocheted basket that fits perfectly around the baby bottle, a few parts from light fixtures, and a wooden table leg? or piece to some kind of furniture (I couldn't resist using this one last night, I made my first altered art doll out of it, I'll be posting her next)


4. Finally this cute little cherub I couldn't resist.

I just love junk! Don't you? I would love to hear about your most recent junking experience and what you found! Leave a comment! And have a great day!

1 comment:

vintagesue said...

see....you get all the grungies!!!!!! I LOVE that stuff and it's so hard to find around here....
thanks for sharing
sue

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!