Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Altered Spoon Mixed Media Flower Art Doll (Alice in Wonderland Inspiration)


So this is my very first Mixed Media Art Doll. I made her using some of the junk I found this past weekend as well as some of the coffee dyed fabric, flowers, and lace from my coffee dye tutorial. I incorporated sterling silver spoons as well as a Sculpey face.
I love the Alice in Wonderland Story and have always been drawn to the idea of flowers with faces so this is my interpretation of those. (Can't wait for the Tim Burton Alice In Wonderland movie to come out)


  

 
The caption on the wood block is cut from an old childrens poetry book about the seasons. This one is from spring.

2 comments:

JoAnnA Pierotti said...

she is beautiful!!!! I really love her.

vintagesue said...

my son would love her!!! she is so unique. i love it, love it!! thanks for sharing.
sue

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!