Sunday, October 2, 2011

Paint & Stencil a Wood Floor Tutorial Steps 1-4

My floor was made up of old real estate signs that had primer on the back. I lightly sanded the floor, swept and vacuumed it and then painted 3 coats of Behr porch and floor paint. I let each coat dry for 8 hours. My second step was to lay out the vintage lace tablecloth on the floor. I hung it on a cloths line and lighty sprayed the back with spray adhesive (very lightly) just enough to keep it from shifting during painting (adding too much could cause your paint to pull up or at the very least make your floor sticky and that isn't what we're going for here.) My third step was to paint over the tablecloth with white spray paint. I did short bursts of paint to keep from soaking the lace which would have caused the design to be muddled. The fourth step is to remove the tablecloth as soon as you get done painting it. You don't want it "glued" to the floor with spray paint, if that happens you run the risk of pulling up your painted floor. I have a few more steps to go, hopefully by next weekend I can share those with you.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

That really looks beautiful. Can't wait to see more.

Melissa Valeriote said...

Lovely

Diane Mars said...

You know what you are amazing! I am very impressed and I cannot wait to see the completed project! Hugs, Diane

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!