Sunday, January 29, 2012

A free Flower Tutorial...

I was working on some flowers this weekend and I thought I would show you a step by step on how I made them...
This shows all the different parts of the flower and different pieces in different stages.


 Step 1: Cut a strip of satin type material and clip it into six sections.

**To those who may not know FIRE IS HOT and can BURN you! Do this at your own risk!** 
Step 2: Place each of the six sections "near" the flame *not in it* and it will begin to shrink, do this until you like the look of each section.

 Step 3: sew the back of the petal strip and gather...


 Step 4: Cut a strip of stretchy sheer material and stitch the back edge to gather it into a circle (just as you did the petal strip above)
Step 5: Cut some larger circles from fabric and clip at regular intervals like a pie, Use a candle to curl the edges of each "pie slice"

 Step 6: cut some strips of tulle and gather to form a circle (as above)  for the bottom layer of the flower and start stacking the different parts of the flower.
Step 7: Stitch the tulle layer and 2 large circle layers together to form a base.

 Step 8: Stitch the stretchy sheer fabric layer and 2 petal layers onto the base you have created. (if you want to make it quick you can use hot glue but I prefer a more finished and soft piece)
Step 9: cut small circles and use fire to curl the edges.

Step 10: place the small curled circle in the center of the flower and stitch in place with a bead in the center.
And there you have it, a very detailed, soft flower.
Have fun!
Hugs!


9 comments:

Wanda said...

Thanks for the tut. I made some similar for the MAMA flower swap 2 swaps ago. I love your blog it is so pretty TTFN Wanda a fellow MAMA member

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Thespa, What a wonderful tutorial, thank you. Your flowers are beautiful! We are so thrilled you joined our group. Wishing you a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

PeggyR said...

I love the flowers. I will have to try these.

Suz said...

Thank you, Thespa. That is a wonderful tutorial.
Fondly,
Suz (an avid fan!)

Suz said...

Thank you, Thespa. That is a wonderful tutorial.
Fondly,
Suz (an avid fan!)

Miss Sandy said...

These are gorgeous! I have made flowers with this method but I never thought to cut into the circle to form petals, genius!

Rhondamum said...

Hey Thespa! Thank you so much for the tutorial! I so want to learn how to make my own flowers and this seems like something I can actually do, lol. My hopes are to join the next MAMA flower swap. So glad you are in the group and your blog amazes me each time I visit! xoxo Rhonda...

bev said...

I love your blog Thespa. Your tutorials are so easy to follow. I am a newbie to your blog and plan to return often. Thank you for sharing.

Dry Gulch said...

Wow! Beautiful flowers. Thank you for the tutorial.

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!