Monday, November 26, 2012

Vintage Style Christmas Paper Chain Tutorial

 Today I'm linking up with the Graphics Fairy on Brag Monday.
Go check out the other wonderful links using her images.
I've got a paper chain tutorial and free images to make your own.

 First I used 2 of her antique Christmas images in photoshop to make my own image strips for a paper chain. (I have provided them at the bottom for you to print out)
 I cut the excess paper around the edges off.
 I then glued each paper strip sheet to a sheet of old music so the back would be covered.
 trim the excess music sheet from around the edges and cut out each strip.
 Now simply fold each strip into a circle and tape, staple, or glue the ends together.
It makes a really neat vintage style paper chain.
Below each of the following images are the links to the 4 different paper chain .pdf's

 






I also want to share with you my newest online workshop...




8 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

Ooooooh, I just love that look! The vintage graphic is lovely!

Jeanine

robin dudley-howes said...

I love these! Thanks for the info!

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful!!! What lovely ideas and decor and adorable creations! :D

Hugs,

suziqu's thread works said...

Love your gorgeous Christmas Paper Chain Thespa and thanks for sharing such a simple but effective technique!
Have a great day!
Suzy

Sandy said...

Oh this is just lovely.. I love the printables thanks so much for sharing these.. Your newest follower, have to take a better look around when I have a cuppa and more time.. Found you on pinterest.. Love the poinsettia flower below too just lovely will have to have a go at that one.
Merry Christmas
Sandy :)

Gaby Bee said...

Your Christmas Paper Chain looks great!
Merry Christmas and a very Happy Healthy New Year to you and all your loved ones.

Gaby

Auntie Cake said...

Hello Thespa,
Goodness, seems like time before Christmas got away from you like it did to me. Just popped in to see what you have been up too, miss all your pretty projects and things you have to share with us. Hope all is well with you and your family. So wishing you lived closer so I could pop over to see you in person!
Kate
PS- Happy 2013!!!

Auntie Cake said...

Hope you kicked the colds by now!

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!