Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lovely old Images to Delight your Fancy

So I went to the Flea Market (go figure) at lunch yesterday and found some delightfull old images and pictures as well as this tiny book of poems wich I adore! You see that picture up above and to the right, I'm thinking of putting it on the cover of that cute book below it. Make it a little more girly and cute. We'll see...
This little images are approx 2.5" x 3" and are a little worse for wear, just the way I like them. I'm thinking about making an altered garland with them.... hmmm..... again... We'll see....LOL
More old pics and the backs are below, I love the scroll designs...
Hoping to accomplish some mixed media works this weekend, but going to make aprons with my cousin Sat and helping my oldest daughter work on a school project Sun so I may not get much else done. I'm dying to show you some of the things in progress, but need to take pics first. 

Sending off my "Metal Art Doll" for the Stampington call today. I'll show pics when I can of that as well. I made Marie Antionette out of vintage mini cake tins and an old alluminum cake decorator. Lots of hand crocheted wire for her dress etc etc. I pretty much don't have any fingerprints left, LOL. But I enjoyed making her and I hope others will enjoy her too.

Have a happy day!

6 comments:

Auntie Cake said...

I so wish I could go to a flea market during lunch! Just wishing I could go to any old flea market about now!!! Love all your new finds, I can't wait to see what you make with them. and the Marie sounds heavenly. Have fun making those aprons and with the school project! March on!!!
Kate

Laurie said...

Flea market during lunch? Oh wow. I love the backs of those old photos best, too!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

A cake tin Marie??? Perfect!

Cynthia K. said...

Hi there! These old images are fantastic - thanks for sharing them with us (at least I think you meant for us to use them?).

The previous post was so dear regarding your father. I completely understand - my mother went to heaven last year and I think of picking up the phone often to call her - we talked everyday. Your father sounds like a wonderful man and dad - sounds like you and he had a great relationship.

I decided to sign up as your follower so that I don't miss a thing. I'd be honored if you'd do the same for me...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Auntie Cake said...

Hey Girl,
Just popped in to see how you are doing. Hope you got the school project done. Those are always a relief to wrap up. Luckily my dad just retired, and he loves big school projects like that. I am planning to employ him the next time my kids have a big project. My dad isn't as crafty or handy like your dad was, but he helped me build a mean WW2 tank one year. I think he spent about $100 on it, but I got an A+ for all his hard work!!!

Have a great week, I can now see our grass! It's rather full of mud at the moment, but the snow is almost gone (for now, we will get more, but that will melt quickly.)
Kate

The Rustic Victorian said...

Perfect lunch! I adore Silver Linnings, and adding the beauty would be perfect!
Love
Marcie

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!