Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Driving to Distraction or Destruction

On my way to work this morning there was a little white car riding up behind me then abruptly slowing down then riding up behind me then slowing down again. I caught the motion in my rearview mirror and thought if someone stopped in front of me, the little black haired gal with too much eyeliner behind me was going to crash into me. 
She wasn't even looking up except when she realized somehow that she was about to hit me and backed up then looked down again.
I kept glancing in my rearview expecting to see her putting more makeup on her already over cover face and to my surprise I see a box of cereal in her hand tilted as if to pour into her lap. I'm thinking "Cereal!" are you kidding me! This idiot is going to hit me because she's pouring cereal?!
At this point I'm picturing a tray in her lap with a napkin, a white porcelain bowl, a little pitcher of milk, maybe an orange wedge, you know the whole breakfast in bed thing, only between her and the steering wheel.
Hughhhh?
A few seconds later she turns into a parking lot where I can only assume she was going to work. 
Really? "You couldn't have waited 3 minutes to pour your breakfast?"
What an idiot! 

Another case of distracted driver's driving ME to destruction. They're going to get us all killed.
Pay attention....you know who you are. We see you.

Ok, soapbox put away. Thanks for listening, ...and take a bow.

4 comments:

Auntie Cake said...

Too funny but very sad all at the same time. Did she really need to pour and eat in her car? Maybe she could wake up 15 minutes earlier...

Have a good day, glad you made it safely to work!
Kate

Anonymous said...

Thespa, I know exactly what you mean. Hubby used to see a woman putting on makeup every single morning as he drove to work. Makes you wonder where their brains are, doesn't it! Just get up 15 minutes earlier to eat or do makeup or call someone. Unbelievable and stupid and I don't blame you for being angry.
Diane

Scrap for Joy said...

I was at a traffic light the other day and the woman in the car next to me was eating a big fast food hamburger...I gave her a very disapproving look. I'm sure she is still quaking....LOL! Tahnk God for god watching over and protecting us from the idiots out there. Glad you were safe!

Laurie said...

I know -- that sort of thing makes me crazy!

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!