Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A peek at my Weekend

Oh the strawberries! My husband and I bought eight small strawberry plants last year and got about 6 tiny berries off of them. This year they've spread to about 30 plants and we're getting almost a gallon of delicious ripe strawberries every other day! Yeah, we've been eating a lot of strawberries. I keep thinking I'm going to get to freeze some of them but they are disappearing at the speed of light. 
Gee, I wonder where they could be going? This one never even made it into the house, LOL.
My husbands roses. I have a black thumb, I can kill a plant just by looking at it, but he can grow almost anything. And I love these roses.
The Passion fruit vine that grows up the back steps. You can see some of the scaffold we used to replace the roof on the back deck that will eventually be my studio. We've got the roof done, now if we could just start with the building of the room, we're gathering supplies now.
This is one of our new kittens. Kitten #1. Too sweet. Haven't named them yet as we will be looking for good homes for them shortly.
Kitten #2, beautiful little thing. This is the one that I want, it has the sweetest temperament.
Kitten #3, the only one with no white, you can't see them very well but this one has green eyes!
Kitten #4, the honery one. Attacks it's siblings, it's going to be a mouser I think. Great white hunter!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Ohhh your strawberries are just beautiful !! Don't you love growing your own summer fruit ~
Precious babies too :)

Laurie said...

OHH! Strawberries and flowers and adorable kittens! Can I move in with you? ;)

Auntie Cake said...

Those strawberries look delicious! So sweet of your daughter, it was a big treat when we were kids to sneak in the garden and steal the strawberries. Love all your flowers, wish my hubby was into gardening, it would save me a ton of work, or make my work more fun by having someone to work with!

Your kitties are adorable. This is the first year in a very long time that we don't have a litter around here. I kind of miss them. I did hatch 10 chick in an incubator though, not quite the same, but kind of exciting!

Lululiz said...

The kittens are so adorable! And those strawberries, my goodness, they look luscious and yummy.

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!