Monday, June 21, 2010

Altered Jewelry Necklace - Celebrating 15 years

My husband and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this coming August. I've been wanting to make an altered necklace for some time and this weekend I got down to it. 
This necklace incorporates multiple things that are meaningful to me. The watch part glass vial had belonged to my grandfather, it still has the pasted number 15 on it that marks the number of years Rodney and I have been married. The key with heart charm at the bottom was in with my dad's metal detecting finds.
Several of the parts and pieces I used were salvaged from old costume jewelry and reworked into this design. Inside the glass vial I placed the word "Love" from an antique hymnal and some rhinestones from an antique 1920's flapper dress. The frame around the glass is a piece from the Vintaj line of brass.

I love my new necklace and will be wearing it a lot this year and beyond. I hope everyone enjoyed the Where Bloggers Create blog party this weekend. I'm still going through blogs visiting all the wonderful studios and creative spaces.
Hope you have a great day!

20 comments:

Lululiz said...

The necklace is exquisite.

Gail said...

What a special necklace! It's just beautiful, and congrats on 15 years. Yes, I'm still enjoying the Where Bloggers Create party, and probably will for quite some time!

marie said...

Your necklace is beautiful and even more so because of the meaningful pieces you used.

So Dark So Cute said...

This is a lovely gift to yourself! very well made! congratulations on your 15th anniversary!

Netty said...

Such a perfect necklace, you will get so much joy wearing this with all the history attached. Annette x

Unknown said...

What a special piece...I know you will treasure it:)

Lori said...

Beautiful, creative piece, a real treasure!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

I love you altered necklace, you are so talented. I am inspired to try that. What wonderful things to work with.

come visit
cindy@stitches

Createology said...

Wonderful tribute to your 15th anniversary. Fabulous and inspirational. Happy creating...

vintage tickled pink said...

love it! congrats! its a lifetime isn;t it.diane

Teresa aka Tess said...

Such a gorgeous gift to yourself. Happy Anniversary... Thanks for sharing.
Tess

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

This is BEAUTIFUL my friend!!!
My goodness...I can just feel (& see) the 15 years of love and inspiration you put into this FABULOUS necklace!
This is toooooooo sweet...CONGRATULATIONS and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
:)))

Becca said...

That's a beautiful necklace, and means so much more with treasured items from family!

Grannys Attic said...

Happy 15th Anniversary! I love the necklace and all the special meaning to each piece. Blessings, Vicky

Karen said...

First. Congratulations on your 15th anniversary! We will be celebrating 30 this year! Where did the years go?

Second - your necklace IS TO DIE FOR!!!!! OMG! You will have people stopping you every where you go to tell you they love it. Guaranteed!

OK, off to go check out your studio! :)
karen ~ Some days are diamonds

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous way to commemorate such an important day! An early happy anniversary to you both :)

Sandy

Terri Kahrs said...

Thespa, your gorgeous necklace is a wonderful keepsake and a beautiful way to celebrate such a special occasion! My husband and I will celebrate our anniversary in August too - 35 years! How fast it goes by!!! Thanks for stopping by for a visit and for leaving such a sweet comment. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Tricia said...

I LOVE that necklace - beautifully done and very special - enjoy wearing it and celebrating 15 years. My dh and I just celebrated our 26th.

Blessings,
Tricia

Nora said...

I'm still blog hopping over at Karen's place, too...so many nice spots to visit. I love going on a vacation all over the world & never leaving my house - it's the best! *LOL*

This necklace is amazing...I just love it. Happy anniversary!
♥hugs♥

Jenn Erickson said...

That is absolutely beautiful! So exqisitely crafted! You have a magical touch! Jenn

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!