Monday, May 2, 2011

More Tattered Bags & Graphics Fairy Love

I got the image for this velvet bag from the Graphics Fairy website. I just love the original with all the handwriting on it as well as the image of the opera star with it's beautiful pinks. I printed the image on iron-on transfer paper and ironed it onto muslin and attached it to this bag that I made this weekend. No too bad for having no pattern. I love how romantic it turned out.

Detail images of the antique lace and handmade rosettes I put on.

Next are some really neat old photo bookmark postcards from the Graphics Fairy site. Love the fact that she put them up with their backs. I printed these on iron on transfer paper and put onto muslin, cut out and placed a layer of natural quilt batting then sewed them together. They are fun and different.

Last is a tote bag I bought at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 and altered with an image from the Graphics Fairy as well as a few old doilies and antique lace pieces. 

Big thanks to Karen at The Graphics Fairy for all the great images!








13 comments:

Matilde said...

It's gorgeous!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Just gorgeousness!!!
You are a talented lady :)
Thank you for sharing with us ~

xoxo
Lori

Barbara Jean said...

LOVE that first purse made of the black fabric. Looks like Velvet!

And how clever to take a little old plain purse for HL and make something so beautiful!!
Creative girl, wonderful pieces.

blessings
barbara jean

Robin said...

Oh my, you have created some gorgeous things here Thespa! I love all of them, but that velvet bag is absolutely stunning. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Robin

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Oh, I love the velvet bag, just gorgeous!!!TFS.I came by from Brag Monday.
Have a great day.
XO Marie

Terri Kahrs said...

My heart is beating just a little bit faster after seeing this beautiful post! Thespa, your bags are gorgeous! I just ended my blogging break and am so happy that I stopped by today to see what you've been up to! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Netty said...

Oh wow Thespa they are all totally gorgeous and your bags are so beautiful. Annette x

Anonymous said...

Thespa, oh, these are all beautiful! Amazing what you can do to alter a simple bag, isn't it. Gorgeousness!
And the tag/bookmarks...so pretty!

I'll be checking out that book too!
Thanks for the tip!

It's easy to see you are OUT of your slump, girlfriend!! Yay!

XO Diane

Createology said...

Oh how happy I am to have found you again. I don't know how I lost you but it happened. I love love love your bags and bookmarks. Your carpet bag is fabulous. Marvelous May to you my dear...

Suz said...

Oh, my goodness! I keep running across you again and again and every time you have something just beautiful. This is quite an incredible piece of work. It seems like I am forever searching for a "dress purse" and there is never anything I like (this doesn't happen often, as I don't dress up often, but when you need one, you need one). I would love to find something like this. I think I better get my little crafty act together and make one!
This is such a fine example of something that only two hands can create.
Fondly,
Suz

Lorraine said...

Velvet bag turned out great. LOVE the photo bookmark postcards - what a great idea for a small gift.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Stunning bags you made.

Dee
Your new follower

Lynn Stevens said...

Every piece is just gorgeous! I'm loving these fabric transfers!
hugs Lynn

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!