Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Framed Pegboard - vintage mirror makeover

Despite the 108 degree atmosphere with a heat index of 114, I was outside off and on today.
Working on transforming an old mirror into a framed pegboard for my studio.
 I sarted this morning with this old mirror that I picked up by the side of the road a few years ago. It was in my girls room for a while, hence the purple and green nail polish lovingly applied by my youngest child.
I removed the mirror and cleaned the frame.
 I then painted the frame with 2 coats of Behr porch and floor paint and cut the pegboard I bought this morning to fit.

 Next I lightly sanded and painted the pegboard off white.

 After painting 2 coats onto the pegboard I used the paint brush to dry brush off white over the details in the frame to make them stand out.
My next step is to stain it and put hinges on it.
I am building a box shelf to put behind it to hold all my glues and the framed pegboard will be the door.
Can't wait to get it done and in the studio!
It's all coming along!


4 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very clever and very cute.

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

A shabby peg board?!?!Cool!!

Sandy xox

Cheryl said...

Love-love the book!!

Wanda Maria said...

This is a great idea! I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" the idea from you. I could use one of these in my little art studio.

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!