Thursday, September 15, 2011

Art for the ACO 5x5 Fundraiser

The Arts Center of the Ozarks is having their annual 5x5 art exhibition and fundraiser soon. Artists can go by the ACO and pick up one or two 5x5 inch canvases on which to create their art to donate. The artwork will then be displayed during the month of October and on November 3rd there will be an auction to raise money for programs the Arts Center puts on during the year.

These are the two pieces I finished last night to donate.
 This piece is titled "Playing by myself"
Mixed media with vintage ephemera, fabrics, and acrylic paint.

 This piece is titled "Fifth house on the left"
 Mixed media with vintage fabrics, found objects, acrylic paint, and tape.
I really loved working with all the different textures on this one.
And it turned out surprisingly like my sketch...
Minus a smoke stack, LOL.

If you live in or near the NW Arkansas area there is still time to participate in this years event...
They have extended the deadline to Sept. 30 so you better hurry.

6 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I love these!!! You are so creative!

Yvonne said...

Small pieces of art are surely a challenge, but yours are lovely. Very creative and full of interesting items.

Wanda Maria said...

These turned out great, Thespa! I love the texture!!!

E Makes Art said...

Wow!! These are absolutely STUNNING!!! Your art always inspires me. I wish I could be at that auction!

xoEsther

Lynn Stevens said...

Great canvases Thespa. Love the House on the left. I'd love to see all the artwork donated, what a great show this must be.
Hugs Lynn

Createology said...

I adore your little 5 x 5 pieces of art. They are very special and have so much detail in each of them. Your art donation should certainly help this cause.

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!