Friday, November 4, 2011

ACO 5x5 Fundraiser 2011 -Art, Jazz, Food, Fun!

 Last night was the Arts Center of the Ozarks Annual 5x5 Fundraiser. Artists were given a 5 inch by 5 inch canvas to create art on and then donate to the auction to raise money for programs at the ACO. There were over 300 works of art. One of my pieces you can see above, the house mixed media with the number 5 on it. It got 3 bids and raised $35 for the cause. I met the gal that bought it and she was very sweet and I could tell that she was really going to enjoy the piece, made it all worth it just to see the way she looked at it. :)

 It was really fun to see all the different works displayed throughout the two story building.

 I saw Wanda Eash there, from the Two Crafty Mules Blog, she had a couple of really nice painted works there also. ..

 My friend Lydia came with her husband Bruce to enjoy the evening as well, see Bruce below (in black) with my husband Rod, both sampling the delicious food they had there...

 The stuffed mushrooms were a big hit as well as the candied bacon, mmmm.

Lots of people were there to enjoy the show and bid on art.


 The jazz band that played was completely wonderful! I could listen to them play for days on end.


Below are a few of my favorite pieces...


 Love how this one had items "trapped" below the surface of the fabric and then carefully stitched into place, I know it took a while to get this done and it was probably my favorite piece in the show.

 Above is my second piece, it received a bid and raised $25 for the cause. :)








 These two pieces were just really neat! Love all the fun things hidden within the works.



 My husbands favorite was the bird dog (go figure) I thought it was really cute too.


 Here is one of Wanda's, I thought it was so beautiful. 


It was a great night, we had a lot of fun. I will definitely participate next year.

4 comments:

DVArtist said...

Fabulous post!!!! There are some very special pieces of art. Wish I was could have come.
Nicole/Beadwright

Netty said...

Looks like a wonderful event, everyone having fun and contributing. Thank you for sharing. x

Lynn Stevens said...

What an awesome show, so much creativity!!! I see a few I would have bid on too.

Thanks for entering my giveaway Thespa, best of luck and I included you in the bonus!
hugs Lynn

Carla Trujillo said...

What a fun event! Here in Cincinnati they have a fundraiser every year using bricks to raise money for breast cancer research. It's amazing what artists can create with a brick!
Thanks for sharing your pcis!

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!