Monday, May 17, 2010

A Contest from Vintiquities Workshop!


I was playing with old hymnal titles this weekend. I've used them in many different kinds of artwork and I got to wondering how other creative individuals would use them. Since I love a good challenge and I adore creative contests I decided to host my own.

If you want to see a project I made a while back using a hymnal title click below...
http://vintiquitiesworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/02/snowed-in-productivity-season-of-love.html

Please read all details below for information on different ways to win!

Below I have offered scans of song titles from an old hymnal. I love the font that was used for these titles and I enjoy using them, now I want to see what you can do with them. Simply print and use any of the song titles I have provided in any type of artwork. They can be used in Jewelry, tags, cards, altered art, mixed media, gifts, home decor, painted works, cut and paste, or stitched items. Use your imagination and get creative.
You may use any portion of the titles shown, one word or the whole line. 

Simply left click on an image to enlarge then right click and save image to your computer. Now print out and get crafty! If you prefer to alter the titles digitally or in any other way for use in your artwork you may.


Once you have made your project take pictures and post them on your blog. Then come back here and add a link to your blog post in the Linky area below. (Make sure you link to the specific post about your entry and not to your blog's homepage)
*You must add a link to your entry by midnight (central time) on June 14th to be included in the judging. You may start entering today and you may post more than one project but each entry should have it's own blog post and link.

I will be offering prizes!

*1 prize will be awarded for participation, meaning anyone who makes a project using any portion of the Hymnal titles and posts it in the LINKY section here will be entered in a random drawing  via random.org to receive a vintage ephemera collage pack.

*1 Prize will be awarded for advertising. Anyone who posts about this contest on their blog and leaves a link to that post in the COMMENT section below will be entered in a random drawing via random.org to receive a vintage ephemera collage pack.

**3 Prizes will be awarded to the best projects showcasing the use of the hymnal titles above as follows...

**1st place will receive a "She's the Creative Type" t-shirt (if the winner is a man a more appropriate shirt will be awarded) custom made in any size plus a vintage findings pack including antique lace, old buttons, old cabinet cards, rusty baubles etc. Plus a vintage ephemera collage pack. ***Shirt not pictured*** More will be added to this set.

**2nd place will receive a vintage findings pack and a vintage ephemera collage pack. Items will vary for second place prize, items shown are the first place prize. But similar items will be included.

**3rd place will receive a vintage ephemera collage pack.


***You may only win one prize. Winning entries will be shared on this blog with links to the winners blogs.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thespa, this is a great idea! I will try to give it some time! Thanks for inviting us. I'm going to go blog about it right now to send people over here.
Diane

Barbara Jean said...

Oh I'm lovin' this idea!
Right down my creative alley.

I'm thanking Diane for posting about it!

blessings

barbara jean

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

What fun! I'd love to enter but I just can't spare the time .... a toddler takes most of my energy! But great idea. Thnaks so much for stopping by and letting me know you picked up a copy of Somerset Life! Is that a great mag or what????

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

Laurie said...

Oh, I'm going to try to enter this -- so much fun! Putting it on my to do list!

Lynn Stevens said...

Sounds like fun. I downloaded some titles, hope to find time to play!

Tarnished Rose said...

I'm planning on entering! Just trying to find time around baseball games.

Smiles~
Marilyn

Elsina said...

Love the titles and thinking on what to come up with, looks like fun!

Sherry said...

I don't know if your contest is open to overseas bloggers Thespa (I'm in the UK), but I've put my link up anyway - as it's a lovely challenge. Your prizes are fantastic too!

Lululiz said...

I couldn't resist either, its a bit last minute, but it took me that long to pluck up the courage to enter a challenge, lol. First one.

Netty said...

I have only just found your blog its terrific. Am too late to join in this time, but definitely next time. Annette

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!