Monday, February 1, 2010

Snowed In - Productivity - The Season of Love

I've been snowed in for the last 4 days so I got to get down to business in the workshop.
I've been playing with different painting techniques and I finally found a use for the plastic cherub I found in a barn full of junk. See the post when I first found it...
I also got to use some of the antique buttons my mom gave me.
The background was made on a piece of wood using modeling paste on the leftover pieces of Tim Holtz Grunge Board, some paint, crackle medium, and Tim Holtz Distress Ink.
I've got more pictures of the process but my internet is slow, (I'll share those later) can't wait for tax returns when I can go back to fast internet.

9 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Oh my gosh- this is such a gorgeous work of art!!!! My goodness, I'm breathless!

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Sorry you have been snowed in for the past 4 days.. At least you had something to fill your time with..Your piece is Fantastic..I really like this...Hope you get dug out soon...Stay warm..

Auntie Cake said...

So totally cool! I love the look of this piece. It has so many fun details. And we are getting snow like crazy too. We were only supposed to get an inch, but it is more than that with no end in sight for the next four days. Kids are already doing the no school tomorroow dance, I am not thinking the dance will work for them, but they are hoping!!! Stay warm and cozy with all your snow!
Kate

Debby said...

GORGEOUS!!!Fun being snowed in to make this.
debby

Jennifer Dixon said...

I LOVE this piece! I love that you used so many different elements but they work together so well and compliment one another! Nice job! :) I love getting snowed in too-just feels so cozy and I don't feel guilty doing arts and craft because I can't go anywhere to do anything else!

Jennifer Dixon

Jona Panesa said...

wow, this is really lovely. thanks for dropping by my blog. I would love to swap ATC's with you. here's my email address: youch17(at)yahoo(dot)com

would love to hear from you soon!!! so glad to found another friend from OWOH

Serendipity Handmade + Vintage said...

I found your blog via OWOH (I think!) and I'm so glad that I did! I just have to tell you that your ATC is really, really lovely and I wish it were mine!

Teresa aka Tess said...

This is positively gorgeous...

Sherry said...

A fabulous piece of art!

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!