Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Trunk Show - Well sort of...

 
Right now I'm a little more than slightly fascinated by old trunks and there many uses to display the creative things we love the most and imagining where they have been and who used them. This image is how one artist chose to display her paper doll creations here...

 
This pretty little thing was collaged with vintage sheet music, I love it!
Found it here...


 
This trunk in the background is used to hang artwork and hold supplies.
Found in this post...

 
This trunk is a little grungy but I like that about it, it's part of a mixed media exibit by Tamsen Ellen, find more info here...

 
An there are storage capabilities galore. I love how this wall is set up in this studio...

 
Isn't this old trunk just dreamy. I love the way it's lined with the old maps and papers as well as all those fun vintage images...

 
I love this entry way. Can I live here? Love it! This post gives lots of examples of changing up old trunks and boxes to suit your needs and decor...

 
This trunk I love simply for the age of it. I would love to have one like this (found at an auction house site... http://www.thechattanoogaauctionhouse.com/Auctions2008/May/list.html )

Perhaps I would alter it as I did this antique doctors bag...


But then again maybe I would just leave it as is and enjoy it's shabby, rusty beauty. I can see it, can you?

6 comments:

Auntie Cake said...

I love all the trunks you have featured, and I adore your sweet doctors bag. I am going to be on the lookout for trunks this spring when the garage sales start up!

You have so many wonderful ideas to share with us all the time. I get so excited when I see you have a new post...
Kate

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Thanks Kate, I'm glad you are here to share things with me. Have a great day!

Terri Kahrs said...

There really IS something wonderfully romantic about old trunks! And I LOVE your altered doctor's bag - gorgeous work! Hugs, Terri

Anonymous said...

OH-MY-GOODNESS! Your blog is being added to my list of favorites! I am so glad I found you!
Thank YOU for visiting my blog and for posting as an entrant in my giveaway! Please come back and visit again! I love having company!

Off to put you on my list now! Love your blog and your creations and will be back later tonight to see MORE of it!

Diane

Debby said...

WOW!!! What an awesome post..I love old trunks also. You sure have made a lot of gorgeous things. Great post.
debby

Barbara Jean said...

Just found you.
Love this whole post.
be back another time to look some more.

blessings
barbara jean

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!