Monday, June 28, 2010

Outside the Box Art Challenge! Reveal today!


Lisa over at Tarnished and Tattered came up with a challenge. 
We were challenged to take the packaging from a bar of "One" natural soap and make something with it.
The bar I purchased was the one on the far right, the Extra Virgin Pure Olive Oil soap. It has the most delicious scent. I could just hold it under my nose all day it's so yummy.
**For a side note I have to tell you that this soap is certainly not cheap. I had a hard time paying as much as I did for it because I AM cheap, LOL. I'm not the type of person who pays much attention to the products I use, I am the type of person who buys the 99cent bottle of Suave shampoo (gasp!) and the makeup that is on sale if I buy makeup at all because I rarely wear it. So dishing out $6 for one bar of soap was a pretty big stretch for me, but somehow because it was for an art challenge that was alright, LOL. But now I'm thinking that I made a mistake buying that bar because it is the most heavenly product I have ever used and now I'm going to want to buy more! This soap is so smooth you won't believe it. It makes your hands feel so soft after washing and like I said the scent is WONDERFUL!
Well enough about the soap, let's get on to the soap box!

This is my soap box creation. I used an old lovey post card as the picture with some vintage hand dyed lace and some Distress Stickles all over the outside of the box. I also used one of my hymnal titles and some antique sheet music.
Inside is a pocket for holding that special piece of jewelry and a little antique button knob.
I had so much fun with this, I wish it was possible to buy these little recycled boxes just for decorating.
Now I'm off to see what everyone else made! 
Hope you have a great day!

30 comments:

DeeDee said...

Well..this is so beautiful...I love every detail...so nice to mee you...you have great style

DeeDee
http://deedeescraftspot.blogspot.com/2010/06/soap-box-challenge.html

Lori said...

Wow, this is exquisite! Just so many wonderful vintage details, just beautiful!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

This is very sweet and just so romantic!
Hugs,
Julia

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Thespa!!!!

Girl, I am your Suave twin, your .99 cent kinda gal and most of all...little or no makeup is fine with me too!

This was a win-win situation for all of us and you now have an awesome new soap and we all get to see your beautiful soap box creation!

Love it!!!!!!!
:)

My Arts Desire said...

Thespa,
This turned out so gorgeous! I love the sparklies on the outside...never heard of that stuff. I need to get out more obviously! ha! Is that a little pocket on the bingo page? Way too fun! I'm going crazy in love over your blog background. OMG...this is heavenly!Xo, Sue

Netty said...

So beautiful, love it. Annette x

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Wait a minute, distress Stickles? I need some!!

That is really good soap, I love the scent. I have mine at my studio sink and am enjoying it everytime I wash my hands.

Your box is really nice, I like that it has a secret compartment behind the picture!

Unknown said...

So beautiful and romantic!! It fits your site it looked like your bird on your web page was trying to give a note to the couple. Super cool!!:) Anyway, it is beautiful, dang you all are SO good.

Unknown said...

Your box is just gorgeous!! I love that you decorated it inside too!

Hugs!
Sandy

Lululiz said...

A really charming little piece, I love it.

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

How Beautiful ~ I Love how you used the Card in the window area, it looks like it's actually looking thru the window ~ Awesome.... This Challenge has been fun!

Kristen Pare said...

What a sweet box--the pocket is a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

I love how you transformed your little box. It's beautiful.
xoxo
Donna

Anitra Cameron said...

Oh, goodness. I LOVE what you did. That is just beautiful.

Niki said...

So cute! You did Great!! I came to check out "Where Bloggers Create"...I can't wait to keep browsing.

Debby said...

Oh, love your sweet little soap box, so pretty.
What a fun challenge this was.
Debby

Rebecca said...

Hello
I love how you decorated your box, it is beautiful. I think I like that style of box better than the one I did. I might have to buy one more!
Blessings
Rebecca

Sandy said...

GASP! Seriously, that is what I did when I saw your box. I adore your beautiful creation.

Lisa said...

I think your box is wonderful, thank you for forking over the money so you could play. It's funny how spending money on art supplies is okay, but other things, maybe not so much.LOL I think your imagae looks great & I love how it now has a function. Lisa

The homesteadingcottage said...

So lovely! It's amazing how something of such beauty could be created by using a simple soap box (: Very inspiring!

I just became a follower and look forward to coming back for future posts (:

~ Michele

My Creative House said...

Your box is so beautiful outside and also inside, great work.
Anni

Anonymous said...

Thespa, I love it! I haven't found those soaps in my area! I need to have more of an eagle eye! I don't blame you...I fork out more $ for soaps that smell wonderful too! And I also save the boxes and hope I come across this one in my travels. No doubt you'll be making more pretties when YOU buy more!
Diane

BellaRosa said...

Thespa amor, I am new to your beautiful blog, I just wanted to tell you that I love your beautiful creation! It is so lovely & romantic all the elements that you chose achieved such a beautiful effect. I think a much loved...love letter or note would be wonderful in that lil pocket you get a glimpse of :) Besos, Rose

I tried to become a follower on your blog, but for some reason I can't at this time, I will try again later :)

One Bath & Body said...

Thespa this is fantastic, you truly have a special talent! I feel so lucky that you pick my product packaging to use for this project; I hope you will allow me to buy it or trade some One product for it. Please email me at glenn@onebathandbody.com so we can work out a deal.
Best regards, Glenn Abrahamson/President

Anonymous said...

Thespa;

It is so beautiful! This was truly a fun challenge!
-Diana

Unknown said...

Love it and love your blog...I think I am going to have to get more into this "altered art".....I am a seamstress but oh this looks so fun!
www.petticoatjunction.typepad.com
xoxo
Diane

Tania Pelletier said...

I love your box! I know what you mean about the price, but I'm like you... I just thought of it as art supplies and it seemed to make me feel better! LOL!

Tania

RedBettySummer said...

Love what you've done with this box. What a great challenge. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Stunning!!! WOW! A little soap box turned into something so delicate and beautiful! Congrats on a gorgeous job well done!! :) XO,Jenn

Queen Bee said...

Amazing how beautiful from a box of soap! It's wonderful!
Queen Bee Studio

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!