Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Why do I love Thee? I wish I knew!

I found this old plate and for some reason I just fell in love. I wouldn't dare put food on it but something in my creative soul said that's cool! I can't image how something could have so many age cracks and still have such a nice shiny surface, the textures and the aging are second to none. I imagine I will make some PS stamps with the images of the textures and the plate itself is destined to be a piece of art, although I haven't figured out exactly what I will do with it yet. I'm still considering.
I adore the faded colorful flowers on it, and I imagine it was very beautiful all shiny, white and new with that splash of floral color. But it's age gives it some beauty as well and maybe that is why I love it. Who knows???
I also found some tin types to put into good artistic use. 

Thanks for visiting, and please if you think I'm nuts for loving that old plate, feel free to comment. Goodness knows I've heard it already, LOL.


Hugs!

8 comments:

Becca said...

I love the colors and textures on this vintage plate! The flower pattern looks so soft and pretty. Love the tin photos too, can't wait to see what you come up with!
I need to get caught up on your previous posts. I have the hardest time keeping up with all of my favorite blogs! Oh, thanks again for the offer with your photo, if I try to use it, I will be sure to link back to you!
Have a great day,

Nora said...

You're NOT nuts...I gasped when I saw that plate (imagine that's what you probably did, too!) - it's gorgeous! ♥hugs♥

Anonymous said...

Thespa, my favorites are these old crazed browned ones too! I have one hanging above my computer here, a blue transferware oval one with a floral design that looks like someone has placed it in an oven to warm many times. I couldn't pass it up either! Love the worn ones. And yours is beautiful!
Hugs, Diane

Angela said...

It's beautiful!! I love them best when they are all crazed like that too! They seem to look well-loved, don't they?

She Uses Her Words said...

That plate is fantastic! Please let us know when you decide what you'll do with it. The crazing is wonderful!
xo, Karen

Unknown said...

LOL! It is the torn, tattered and cracked that has so much authentic charm! I love the plate - can't wait to see what you do with the tyntypes!

Unknown said...

LOL! It is the torn, tattered and cracked that has so much authentic charm! I love the plate - can't wait to see what you do with the tyntypes!

Auntie Cake said...

I think people who do not love that plate are the crazy ones! Love it! Can't wait to see what you come up with for it.

I have a stack of china platters that I just love. I decided yesterday that I need to start collecting old china plates to use when my daughter gets married. As she is still in high school, I have time to start collecting. And as I don't even want her to have a boyfriend until she is at least 35 I think I can accomplish it.

Have a wonderful day, and it finally let me vote again!
Kate

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!