Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A little tea dye in the evening...

 Got a little tea dying done last night after work. I boiled up 3 family size tea bags with 1 single serve coffee bag (to take a bit of the orangeyness off the dye)
I even dyed some natural cheese cloth I picked up at Lowe's. I love how the peaks get darker as it dries. A really nice aged look. ( I don't put cheese cloth in the washer or dryer, unless I want an unusable ball of fluff, so it gets air dried)
I had another pic of the items in the dye bath but I accidentally deleted it off my camera. :( sad face.

after dying some different fabrics, I tore the muslin into strips and then washed it for future projects and threw the rest into the dryer with the strips after they were washed to give them that wonderful frayed edge look. Now all I have to do is untangle them all, :)

1 comment:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Beautiful!!!! I should do that, a whole bunch at a time instead of one or two pieces at a time!!


xoxo

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!