Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Antique slides...

I found the most exquisite antique glass slides at The Rusty Chair today at lunch.
Just thought I would share, I think they are going to make some wonderful collage elements in some artwork.
 This Blue Jay is by far my favorite, I think he's going to make a beautiful sun catcher.
 I love this image of the old sewing machine.
 This one is tough to see from a scan but in person it's very clear and detailed with a hand tinted image of Benjamin Franklin at court in France.
 I loved this one because of all the detailed costumes.

And this one I scanned over a blue background because it is printed in white and in negative. A very ghostly image of Longfellow's home.  Too cool!
Thanks Julie once again for lightening my pocket book and for putting a smile on my face! :)
You are the ultimate picker!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cool are those! I can totally imagine them used as you were describing! I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your blog. You have a really good "eye" for things.

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!