Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Delightful Mother's Day Excursion!

First thing this morning my youngest got up before everyone else and made me breakfast and brought it to me in bed with a beautiful handmade card with "love" couppons. (my breakfast consisted of about 2 Tblsp of Frosted Flakes floating in a whole bowl full of milk, lol)
Then hubby and I got up, he made me a little more breakfast :) and we got ready to hit the road...
 We were off to Eureka Springs to pick up an antique chair I found on Craige's List.

 Driving there we saw the Space Shuttle, lol, an AeroStar naturally...

I picked up my chair and of coarse it wouldn't fit in the car so we had to tie it in with the trunk open...
And then NATURALLY it HAD to start raining...we stopped at a few antique shops on the way home... 
 Then it stopped raining...
 And just as we were pulling back into our hometown it started POURING and we got stuck at 2 red lights....

 But finally we did make it home and I unloaded my soaking wet antique chair.
 It's a good thing I was planning to reupholster it.
 Love those hand carved legs and arms, so much potential.

 I also found another piece of tin for my stydio ceiling...
 And found a neat old office chair made of wood and iron. Tiny thing but weighs a TON...

When I got home my oldest had made me a strawberry cake, my favorite...
 And everyone made me cards... Love you guys!

This is what my chair looked like about an hour after getting home, had to take off all that wet upholstery...

Gonna have to do some spring tying. Can't wait to see it when it's finished, now if only I wasn't the one having to do all the work, lol.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas out there. Hugs!

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

WONDERFUL chair girl!!! You will make it gorgeous I'm sure....it sounds like you had a great Mother's Day sweetie ~ wishing you a wonderful week ahead, hugs and love, Dawn

Maureen said...

Wow, look at that carving on the legs! Fantastic! Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day, despite the rain.

Anonymous said...

Thespa, what a wonderful outing you had! Can't wait to see you work your magic on that chair.... Happy (very belated) Mother's Day;sounds like you had a lovely one :)

Auntie Cake said...

Hey Thespa,
Sunday I stopped by and checked out your chair, but I couldn't leave a comment, but I love the chair. It will be fantastic when you get done with it. And hooray for husbands who drive to get their ladies beautifully carved old chairs!

Is George on his way home to you guys yet??? Have a good rest of the week!
Kate

Carla Trujillo said...

Great find! Looks like you had an awesome Day! Mine was great too!
Happy belated Mothers Day!

ArtPropelled said...

My kind of outing! What a beautiful chair! Looking forward to seeing it reupholstered.

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!