Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Grungy Antique Mirror LOVE...

A few posts ago I told you about an old mirror I found while at lunch. 
I had been looking at a mirror at Hobby Lobby with a faux vintage frame in almost the exact shape and size. 
I actually went to buy that mirror at Hobby Lobby the day before and they had sold them all, so when I came across this one that was actually old and naturally distressed with it's perfect grungy beauty I snatched it up.
 My husband was at deer camp hunting and I said he bought this for me for my birthday, he's such a multitasker. :) Last night he asked me if he was really off the hook for my birthday because I bought this, lol, I told him yes. He didn't believe me, Ha!
 Am I wrong for loving this mirror? It's no where near pristine, it's missing it's outer layer here and there, but I really don't care, I love it the way it is. I really really do. You can't see it here but down on the sides there are these exquisite hand painted roses all faded out where you can barely see them. The mirror itself is all hazy and has age spots. It's these kinds of small details that give me a thrill, like seeking the lost treasure or story.
I love the hand carved top and sides of the frame. LOVE!
I may be crazy but it's the mirror I've been looking for, for a while.
And I'm so happy it was meant to be. 
Have a great day!

8 comments:

Katalina Jewelry said...

Not crazy!! That is way cooler than any new faux vintage mirror! Happy Birthday!

ArtZhodgepodge said...

love it... I am a mirror hoarder. The more speckled the better..

Gail said...

Oooooohhhh! You did well with that beauty!

Sandy said...

I love it too! No you are not crazy, it is aged to perfection. A belated Happy Birthday to you!

fairyrocks said...

That is a real gem for sure. Just gorgeous, don't you wish it could tell the stories of all the lovely ladies who peered into it over time. Thanks for sharing

Lynn Stevens said...

I'd go for the real thing any day Thespa. Its perfect with all its beautiful aging, just image what its seen all these years!
hugs Lynn

P.s I have my charms ready to go postal!

Auntie Cake said...

Such a cool mirroe Thespa! I love it when that happens. I have trained myself to be patient, I usually find what I am looking for in the end, even if it sometimes takes so long I forget all about it! So happy that mirror has a beautiful new home!
Kate
Ps- would love to do your bead swap, if only I knew anything about beading. Have fun. Next time, I will be in!

Unknown said...

Hi, I just emailed you for your address so I can send my 15 charms, let me know and they can be mailed today. Great birthday gift by the way, best way to get what you want, lol It is a Beautiful mirror!!! Happy Belated birthday, Hugs Marilou

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!