Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Soldered Jewelry, a few new pieces...

$35
SOLD


 I finished this piece ("two hearts")

and started a few more...
I wish my camera was able to show you just how pretty these are in person. All the sparkle and the true colors of the ephemera don't show up well. All of these let light pass through which adds a lot of depth. Each necklace is handmade, soldered, patina solution is added to age each item and a small collage with antique and vintage ephemera and elements is encased in resin.




6 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! I hope you have a great day!!!!

xoxo

PeggyR said...

The pieces are lovely!

E Makes Art said...

Oh, these are SO pretty!! I know what you mean, I always have a hard time capturing what my art looks like in person... it just never looks as good!

xoE

Unknown said...

soo lovely! i took my solder iron out after 5 years of being "dormant." i'm a bit rusty but hope to make some pieces soon. yours are too beautiful! sigh...

Auntie Cake said...

Looks beautiful!
Kate

art by wendy said...

So pretty! Is it hard to solder? I've thought about trying it..but it looks hard to do!Yours are so creative and original!Just beautiful work!:O)

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!