Monday, January 16, 2012

An Apron from a Skirt...

 Just wanted to show you my apron that I made this weekend. I started with a skirt from Old Navy that I got at a thrift store. I don't wear skirts (I'm more of a jeans and tshirt kind of a gal) but I just loved the ruffles at the bottom and the fabric was a light weight cotton.
 I decided an apron would be the best use for this skirt so I cut the liner out and used it for the straps and pockets. I also digitized my header image from my blog and embroidered it on the front over a tea dyed piece of muslin. The frame from my header is also from the Graphics Fairy and I'm sharing on her Brag Monday today.
 Then I sewed some fabric strip rosettes to the straps and the pockets...
I had a lot of fun transforming this piece of clothing. Now I have a great apron for use in my studio and during the classes I teach.
I also got more soldered necklaces done and I'll show those tomorrow.
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Love this apron!!!

I've "altered" a few pieces, a couple of jean jackets, and I have in mind to try something else, a skirt. Not sure how it will turn out but as the pieces I'll be working with were thrift finds it's all good!!! Just getting up the nerve to do it . . . you've inspired me!!

xoxo

Netty said...

wow this is a terrific alteration, definitely an apron to be proud of, x

WhyCuzICan said...

Cute project and cool looking blog too! :)

Thanks for sharing :D
Via: Brag Monday at GraphicsFairy,
Suzanne in NW Illinois at WHYCUZICAN

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!