Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fabric Collage & Rearranging the Studio & yard sale finds!...

I finished this little organizer last night. The top of this faux dress is a fabric collage that I plan to add a few found objects to, probably a pretty pearl necklace etc...
The bottom has two big pockets to put "stuff" in and it all hangs on an altered wooden hanger.


I had this shelf sitting on top of my sewing table, but it was taking up most of my sewing room and blocking the majority of the wall that I plan to hang an old door on so it had to move. I moved it where my chair was and my chair is now in front of my sewing desk.
I rearranged a few pretties...


Just had to show you my favorite necklace (above) a vintage Whiting & Davis rhinestone number. Super long and completely awesome! I wear it for special occasions. 

I went to 1 yard sale this weekend and found a few really pretty things...
I found a very see through 1920's gauze summer dress (underneath) and a beautifully made top with hand made lace inset collar.  There was also a floral silk bag with tatted lace top and bottom. (see it hanging at the end of the umbrella) It's so pretty but fragile. I love the tatting on it.
And you'll never guess what I paid for all of it....
25 cents! I spent 1 quarter at that yard sale and went home to throw a birthday party for my daughter and my husband. :)

 Thanks for visiting! Have a great week!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the organizer, stunning. And such beautiful things you have shown us...wonderful.

Lisa Gatz said...

25 cents!! That's crazy! Beautiful things you have there. :-)

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Thespa you sure know where to shop! Great finds!

Unknown said...

I love love love your style. Thanks for the play by play...it was fun. You are inspiring. I am in such a rut right now:(

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!