Friday, September 7, 2012

A Halloween sort of Mood...

I'm so in the mood for Halloween.
I used to have a huge Halloween party every year. My friends and I spent months making decorations, props, and building a haunted house; making all the creepy foods and setting the atmosphere.
Then I started working for a big chain Halloween store and was so busy at that time of year I didn't get to do a thing for several years. It got so bad I didn't even want to take my kids trick or treating.  It almost...ALMOST ruined the holiday for me forever. 
But now I find myself in the mood for Halloween again, I miss the haunted house, I miss everyone coming over in their costumes, I just miss the whole feeling of it. 
So I've been revisiting some of my old Halloween creations like this ATC I made...


It was made by smearing modeling compound over an old cartoon collector card and then using a paintbrush to "draw" a design in the paste. After that I did lots of color washes to get that faded coloring and a final coat of thinned black paint which settled nicely into all the grooves. 
I really had so much fun with this piece, I think I'm going to work on some new stuff with this technique this weekend. 
Also this weekend please come back and visit as I have some Exciting news to share on Sat. 
and on Sun. I am going to share the details of a new Halloween Charm swap. 
I hope you will come back by!

2 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

supercute

Lynn Stevens said...

Great minds! LOL. We would have had so much fun togethet! We used to do the same thing. Halloween parties and making props for months! I miss those days too. heavy sigh.....
darling little atc!
hugs Lynn

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!